Ready to level up your
- So you have tasted the forbidden fruit and found it delicious?
- Now you want to learn how to cook haute cuisine.
- Take a seat and enjoy an omakase dinner, complete with take home meals, hands-on instructions and secret formulas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course for?
This course is for Ruby on Rails developers who have tried StimulusReflex and/or CableReady and want to take a deeper look into advanced patterns, tooling, and integration.
I will assume that you are familiar with Ruby on Rails in general, and have already built one or two StimulusJS controllers.
Throughout this course I will use the latest Rails, StimulusReflex and CableReady (6.1, 3.4 and 4.4.6 at the time of writing).
What's the course format?
This is an email course (at least during Early Access) which means you will be sent curated email lessons as they are published.
Every lesson will contain a food for thought section with complimentary exercises and impulse questions.
Likewise, every email will provide resources for further reading and an incentive to broaden your understanding and discuss with others.
After Early Access has ended, this course will still be published by a sequence of emails, but accompanied by an ebook format.
Premium customers will furthermore have access to video content and a private GitHub repo containing the example code.
What will I learn?
- How to handle forms in StimulusReflex
- How to use CableReady to supercharge your Import UI
- How to use StimulusReflex in your Rails engines
- How to use concerns/mixins to DRY up your reflexes
- How to conceptualize and display streams (activity streams, dashboards, webhooks etc.)
- How to properly authorize your reflex actions
- How to implement Optimistic UIs
- What websocket security means
- How to implement lazy loading
- How to scale ActionCable
- Where the boundaries between Hotwire and StimulusReflex lie, and how they collaborate to implement complex UIs
- How to profile slow reflexes